Thursday, September 3, 2009

Horses


I was at a horse competition where I was going to be riding a horse.  It was my friends horse who was scheduled to compete but she couldn't make it so she asked if I would do it.  I had never done it before but I rode horses as a kid so I figured I could handle it.  I was completely confused by the order of how they were calling people and I just kept listening to see if they called me.
At one point another competitor and her father walked by me.  They were overly snooty and didn't even acknowledge me.  They were having a conversation about someone they saw in the parking lot.  They were horrified that a parent was hugging their kid.  They kept going on and on about how unsophisticated it was.  Then they said how awful it was that the woman shaved her armpits.  At that point I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore.  I started to get really angry and I felt the adrenaline pumping.  I yelled "Oh, god forbid someone hugs their kid or shaves their armpits!!!"  I think they tried to argue back but it didn't really go anywhere.
I kept trying to find someone to tell me what I was supposed to be doing with the horse.  I eventually saw someone do it.  They were riding the horse down a dock and jumping into the water.  Odd how I didn't find that odd.  I thought, "oh I can do that no problem".  I must have woken up because I never got on the horse.

No comments: